While we recommend the purchase of travel insurance with your vacation package, Serenity at Coconut Bay provides you with assurances including a refund with no penalty, so you can plan your all-inclusive stay with us without concern for weather-related events. And remember, Saint Lucia’s location in the southern Caribbean has prevented us from being in the area of systems with hurricane potential.
Is Saint Lucia in the Hurricane Belt?
You may cancel your confirmed reservation for a refund or reschedule without penalty when our Hurricane Pledge takes effect:
- In the unlikely scenario that the island of Saint Lucia is placed under a Hurricane Watch or Hurricane Warning within seven (7) days of your scheduled arrival date, with a Category 1 Named Storm verified by the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA, https://www.nhc.noaa.gov).
You also have the option to reschedule your vacation for the same number of nights without penalty or change fees within one year (12 calendar months) of your original arrival date. Coconut Bay will guarantee your original rate and original room category for the original season booked (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Holiday, subject to availability, black-out dates may apply) within the 12-month period.
You may also reschedule your Serenity at Coconut Bay vacation:
- In the unlikely event that your flight to Saint Lucia is canceled due to a Named Storm, you will be allowed to change your dates or rebook your stay at Serenity at Coconut Bay within one year (12 calendar months) of your original scheduled arrival date (black-out dates may apply.)
You also have the choice of a refund or credit:
- If an evacuation is ordered for island visitors due to a pending Category 1 Named Storm (issued by the Saint Lucia Meteorological Service (MET) you will have the choice of a refund for the days of your stay affected by the hurricane OR a credit for unused nights towards a future stay within one year (12 calendar months).
Weather-related cancellations per terms noted above may be rescheduled under the following conditions:
- Airfare is not included, and Serenity at Coconut Bay is not responsible for any applicable airfare change fees. Airline ticket holders are subject to airlines’ policies and guidelines. The rescheduled trip must be completed within one year (12 calendar months) of the original arrival date.
- Serenity at Coconut Bay’s Hurricane Pledge is valid for stays from June 1 to November 30.
- Vacations must be rebooked within 60 days of original arrival date.
- Name changes on the reservation are not permitted.
- Re-bookings are subject to availability and blackout periods may apply.
- Reservations will be booked at current prevailing rates in the original room category, original season for the nights rebooked and number of guests included in the original booking.
- Other terms and conditions may apply to the rescheduled reservation.
- Guests who purchase travel insurance may have additional hurricane coverage. Serenity at Coconut Bay suggests you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage terms and options available.
- Confirmed guests who wish to cancel their reservation under this policy must contact the travel professional who booked their original vacation package and advise that they specifically reference this policy in writing to resort reservations.
- Serenity at Coconut Bay’s Hurricane Pledge is subject to change or cancellation without notice.